Evening Wear and Delicates
With our unrivaled experience and knowledge we will throughly assess your items; looking at the materials used as well as any trimming such as beading or sequins. Although we note the manufacturers care label we will be using a dry cleaning cycle that will be even gentler and more controlled, using programs we have written specifically for these special items. In some cases we will remove, clean and replace trim.
Wedding Dress Cleaning
Not only will we clean your most prized dress to the highest standard, but we can also return it to you in a presentation box which is ideal for storage.
(If you would just like to purchase your own storage box for your wedding dress, or any other special clothing, visit Hanger World's website from our links page.
Wedding dresses : from £165.00 *
*Please note that exact cost will vary depending on materials, style, and other factors. Please come and see us in store, or email us for more information
Advice on Storing your Wedding Dress
Wedding dresses can pack away beautifully and remain as white and perfect as the day they were worn; but there are some simple, essential rules to follow:
IMPORTANT: Don't store a wedding dress long-term in a plastic dress cover. These are designed for (and are only suitable for!) hanging the dress for a short time, ie before the wedding. These plastic covers let in light which can fade the fabric. They also do not allow for changes in humidity, in extreme cases causing condensation and mould. PVC covers will disintegrate after several years and particles may drop onto the fabric of the dress.
- Have the dress cleaned by a specialist dry cleaner like Top Hat Cleaners who specialise in cleaning wedding dresses. Cleaning removes stains that may show later and cleaning fluid can also be an insect deterrent.
- Follow simple sensible rules; store away from light, heat, damp etc.
- Separate the wedding dress from any other item. Wardrobes, drawers, suitcase linings, colour dyes in clothes will all have an effect on the purer fabrics of a wedding dress if it lies next to it.
- Always store in a pH neutral medium - with white tissue paper that is acid free. Place the dress in a genuinely dark place, wrapped in tissue paper. (Note: tissue paper will BECOME acidic, if in a non acid free box, and would need to be changed regularly.)
- Get a purpose-made wedding dress storage box. This needs to be sturdy enough to eliminate light, protect from dust and accident, be of a breathable material i.e. not plastic and be pH neutral i.e. contain no acid or alkali. A box made of heavy board with a fitted lid will protect from insects providing there are no gaps between lid and base. Hanger World wedding boxes fulfil all these criteria and we suggest you buy direct to save money, they can be delivered straight to us.
- Always buy a box larger than you think you need
- Store in a normal cardboard box. Unless made with special pH neutral board, all boxes contain acid that passes into the dress fabric causing discolouration / yellowing.
- Although OK short term, don't hang a dress on a hanger long term, this avoids stress on the seams and shape.
- Never store the dress in the attic. All sorts of disasters such as a leaking roof, general damp, and insects can affect a dress in the attic even if it is well protected!
A hand finish service for those important events or special items. Our specialist finishing equipment will further enhance the quality of special garments - this deluxe service extends the life of your clothing and produces a quality finish that presents your most treasured and important items in their very best light.